Our candles are designed to provide a long, even burn. Every batch is tested to make sure they meet our quality standards. We use only the highest quality cotton wicks and food grade waxes available. There are a couple of things you can do to assure you get the most out of your candles.
- The first time you light your candles burn for at least 3 hours
- Maintain the wick length at ¼ inch, 50 mm each time you light a candle
- This might sound a little silly but our pillar candles like to be hugged. After a long burn gently hug the sides until the candle is back to its original shape
CARING FOR YOUR CANDLES
- If your candles get dusty rinse under cold water and gentle dry with a soft towel
- Do not leave candles outside. They will melt in the heat and be damaged by rain
TIPS FOR STORING CANDLES
Safely storing candles for future use is easy. The most important thing is to keep them in a dry, cool and dark place.
- Each candle should be individually wrapped in un-dyed tissue paper to avoid scratches
- Lie them down to avoid warping
- Store them in a closet or drawer inside the house to assure a comfortable temperature
- Avoid light. Exposure to light over a prolonged period of time will fade the color of your candles
- You may wish to store taper candles in a paper tube e.g. a paper towel roll
So go ahead, pack your candles up for future use.
- NEVER leave a burning candle unattended
- Keep away from drafts and flammable materials
- Keep out of reach of children and pets
- Remove all labels before lighting
- Always place pillar candles on an appropriate candle holder before lighting
- Always burn your candle on a stable heat resistant surface
- Do not move candle while burning or if wax is hot
- Never place candles directly on furniture surfaces